There is no doubt about the correlation between the condition of our skin and the stress we are experiencing. How we feel emotionally has the same impact on our skin as our eating habits or sleep disorders do. Our face can’t hide anxiety; it can’t hide stress. It carries the tension of our busy lives.
A lack of mental wellbeing can cause inflammation and a weakened immune system which manifests itself on the skin in different ways: from lack of hydration to rosacea, acne, eczema and psoriasis.
Stress is also linked with early ageing. Cortisol, the hormone produced by your body during stressful times, is known to break down the collagen in your skin and eventually your cells are unable to rebuild naturally.
We designed Carbonnique’s blissfully simple beauty devices to support not just your daily face and body care routine, but also your emotional wellbeing.
There are no shortcuts when it comes to healthy, great-looking skin. Taking 20 minutes every day to relax and focus on yourself will help you physically and emotionally. Your face has a multitude of pressure points; stimulating those with firm but gentle rolling can relieve tension and instantly lift your mood.
How a face massage can help you with holistic wellbeing and beauty:
- If you are new to face rolling you might find it easier to perform your Carbonnique massage in front of the mirror, but with some practice you will quickly see how easy it is to roll on your sofa while you’re relaxing.
- If you find it hard to fall asleep, close your eyes and use your Carbonnique roller to gently massage your face while you’re in bed. The repeated and gentle rolling movements combined with deep breaths will calm you and reduce anxiety.
- If you tend to wake up with puffy eyes, keep your Carbonnique roller in the fridge or cool it in cold water for a minute or two. Start at the inner corner of your under-eye area and massage to the outer corner of your eye to jumpstart the fluid's drainage.
- Use your Carbonnique roller with botanical serums with micro-dose CBD. CBD is well known for its calming and soothing properties. Full Spectrum delivers CBD from the whole plant, offering the highest concentration levels for penetration deep into the skin. Try our favorites from Saint Jane.
- Get regular exercise. It's good for your skin and the rest of your body. If you practice yoga or Pilates, finish your stretching with a gentle face massage with your Carbonnique roller.